Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankul Thursday . . .

. . . a Sense of Humour.

My parents gave me the ability to find laughter in everything. That ability has gotten me through some tough times.

David and I have developed that skill in our marriage, often laughing at inopportune times yet it was better than tears.

After Ashley had her stroke, we called her Ladybug. Not because she liked Ladybugs, but our weird sense of humour saw the resemblance for her head to a the tiny insect after they had scrubbed her head to remove the EEG cords yet had marked each placement with a blackmarker so they knew where to attach them again after an MRI. Her bright red head with black dots looked like a ladybug's body. Weird, but we smiled.

Yesterday, Chris had his endoscopy. While we were talking with Dr. B*B, I heard the words playing on the overhead radio - "She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels/By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees/And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting/And I know she's smiling saying/Don't worry 'bout me." This prompted a laugh from me and we began laughing about songs you don't want to hear at a hospital.

And the list began:

1. Highway to Hell
2. Sissy's Song (where the lyrics above came from)
3. A proctologist whistling, "take this job and shove it"
4. The Christmas Shoes
5. "When we get to Heaven can I help pour out the rain"
6. "Don't Take the Girl"
7. "How can I help you say goodbye"


Got any to add?

1 comment: