Did you know. . .
* you can take the Texan out of Texas - and she'll always be a Texan?
* that Bevo is the most beautiful beast in the world?
* that Texas is the only state that can legally succeed from the Union?
* that Texas won the National Championship the year I was born? (1969)
* that I was born with scratches on each side of my face where I had sucked
on my fingers "hook 'em horns"-style before I was even bor?
* that West Texas is beautiful!
* that the only ill-mannered men you meet in Texas are from New York and
* that I miss my Home State even if I haven't lived there in 30 years?
* that my favorite colors are Blue and Orange? Blue for the wide-open skies and
orange for God's favorite color. Why else would sunsets be burnt orange?
(no, it's not a Bronco's thing! They're just a pale imitation of the original.)
* I was born in Waxahachie and grew up in Big Spring?
* that I would love to find my friend Jaccinda Beasley? She moved from Big
Spring when we were kids.
* Amarillo, TX always smells like a stockyard?
* that we eat rattlesnakes after we round 'em up and milk 'em (for venom)?
* that I'd like to go visit my Uncle and Aunt and Cousins in Dallas?