Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday. . .on Sunday

This week's Thankful Day is late, and spurred by Fort L*ewis's Graduation.

I am thankful . . .

* for my Country - I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be part of the most benevolent nation in the world. I am proud of those in my family and of my friends who have served to bring peace to other countries and to ensure the peace in our Home;

* for the freedoms that allow even wacko's their weird points of view;

* for the National Anthem - I am sorry for the graduates that did not get to hear that
beautiful song sung this weekend;

* for the ability to choose education;

* that we get to vote for a new President in 4 years;

* for those students, Master Plan included, who stand-up for Christian values on secular campuses across this nation;

* for the internet, where enterprising folks can verify the commencement speaker's "facts" as inaccurate;

* for God's promises, which are bright and beautiful and represented in each Christian Graduate;

* that though we may not be able to change the whole world, we can change the world for someone;

* that I can - and will - tell each Graduate that I meet: "well done! you worked hard! you are full of potential and dreams - go after them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment