Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Yesterday, January 26th, was the 20th anniversary of our first date! David and I have been together for over 1/2 of our lives now.

When a friend announced her engagement today, it took me back to that first date and to first love and the excitement of an engagement. The pride in my ring. (I still love looking at my ring and remembering the love and sacrifice that brought it to me.) The thrill of wedding preparations and the joy of starting our lives together.

Today, I celebrate love. The love for my husband. The love that has seen us through so beautiful days and some dark nights. The love I still feel in my heart and know in my spirit each time I see my husband.

I love you, David.

Borrowing a line from the new love birds: Thank you for spending eternity with me, one day at a time!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are such a great couple. What a wonderful example of unselfish love & sacrifice. And, I'm glad someone else celebrates the anniversary of their first date! I'm glad we're not the only weirdos!

    ReplyDelete