Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dreams

What have I learned about Dreams?

I believe some people are born knowing what they are going to do in life. Their dreams for the future are so much a part of them that they do not even see them as dreams but more of a destination. The pianist who begins playing at 4, the surgeon who knew anatomy when he was 10, the preacher who was sharing at age 8.

Then there are the rest of us. Those of us whose destiny sneeks up on us. Those of us who literally fall into our dream and live there for a while before we realize that, "hey, this is what I've always wanted to do, I just didn't know how to say it!"

For us, God takes our experiences and forms our destiny in small increments. We resemble a patchwork quilt that God knits together over time. Seen from up-close, it resembles a mess, but from a distance, it is a beautiful work of art.

Lord, let me see the Big Picture. My life in quilt-blocks looks chaotic. I will trust you to create a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment