Friday, November 14, 2008

Breathe

In - Out
In - Out

We do it without thinking. Most of the time.

Today a woman's kindness made me stop breathing. I was so overwhelmed by life and her graciousness made me acknowledge my sinking feeling and I could not breathe.

This past week has been a flurry of activity preparing our home for the next two weeks. Surgery and pain management then Thanksgiving! So, I've been buying holiday things this week so we can decorate the tree, wrap some gifts, etc.

This sweet lady, said, "Getting ready for the Holidays?" "No," I said, "my daughter is having surgery next week, it was unexpected..." and I poured out my heart. "I'm so sorry," she said, "I hope everything goes very well for her."

Then it hit me. Goes well? Of course it will. But this is really happening. And I couldn't breathe.

It's come and gone all day.

Traveling - breathe in.
Bills - breathe out.
Missed school - breathe in.
Missed work - breathe out.
My child - breathe in.
On a big table - breathe out.

Then I remembered a poem I wrote years ago:

Breathe Me
Let my arms wrap around you
Breathe Me
Let my Spirit surround you
Take time to fall upon your knees
and worship me.
Breathe Me!

And it's okay!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, it will be ok. And remember, the bachelors do have friends just around the corner to help - you don't have to do everything! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you and your family are so precious! We love you and thank you for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete