Friday, May 20, 2011

The Ring, Part 3

Yes, I'm wearing my ring!  Every day.  Right hand ring finger. Back where it belongs.

Jesus always taught in parables.  His stories drew upon the simple every day things in people's lives that made an impact because they could relate to them.  

Lost money,
  "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?  And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’"  Luke 15:8-10

Lost children ~
    "We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was
      lost,  but now he is found!'"  Luke 15:32



God still teaches us that way today.  If we listen.  If we are paying attention!

When I grasped my ring and tears of relief poured down my face, I was praising God.  I turned and looked at my bed and there sat my purse.  The purse I had carried for two weeks.  In the past 6 months, I've probably carried it a total of 8 weeks. 

On my arm.  In the chair.  Besides me feet.  My purse contained a treasure I had lost.  I carried it with me for months! 

I just didn't know it.

The answer to my prayer was in my hands!  On my arm.  I brushed against it mutiple times a day!

Only when I quit relying on fate, "Oh, it will turn up someday,"  and became desperate enough to take it to Father God, did I found my treasure!   He revealed the answer to me!

What are you searching for but not finding?  Have you talked to God about it?

Or, what have you asked God for but not wanting to accept His answer, you keep ignoring His provision?

Take all your needs to Him - He wants to help. 
    Pray

God will answer you - He desires to communicate with you.
    Listen.

His way is not yours - but it is the best way.
    Obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment