Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today's the day! I am now 39 years old - and closing in on 40. My mom called and wished me Happy Birthday this morning then gave me permission to begin lying about my age next year! She's too young to have a daughter who is 40! Okay, mom. I'll stick at 39.

This day has me thinking about those people in my life who are a gift. Some have come into my life for a short time and left quickly; others are life-long friends; some have drifted in and out and are always welcome. I have been so blessed to know so many people from so many walks of life!

Even the internet is too small to name everyone I am thankful to have met, but today, I want to send these ladies a big "Thanks!" and "I love you!"

Kelli and Alison - my sisters. Kristen and Marilyn - my friends. You four are are my go-to girls.

The Literacy Ladies - Libby, Christy and Diane. I am so honored to work alongside you. Thanks for breakfast!

theRiver Girlfriends - you are there, building your families, strengthening one another and it is a beautiful thing.

Ashley - I love you, sis!

Kayle - you are such a joy in our life!

The women in my family - Roorks, Wilsons and Beaches - you are so strong! Our ancestors came across this land in covered wagons; fought alongside the men in wars; nursed sick children; picniced in the snow; loved our families dearly - and still found time to sing and tell stories and quilt blankets that wrapped us in love. What a beautiful heritage!

It is a beautiful fall day here in Colorado and I feel that beauty in my soul.

Thank you, Lord for this day. For this life you've laid before me. The twists in the road have been unexpected, but worth the trip. Each day has made me who I am. Thank you for caring enough for me to take me through the rough times and provide me days for rest. I am so in awe of your love, dear Father.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday dear Ki-im!
    Happy birthday to you!

    There's my song. Be glad it's on the computer :) Have a blessed birthday. I am thankful for you and for your friendship girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete