Sunday, March 15, 2009

Growing Older

This week my eye doctor asked me if I was nearing 40 when I told her I was having trouble focusing. Really?

Add that to the fact I have a tear in my left shoulder and arthritis in my left knee. And don't even ask about my shifting implants!

So today I lashed back at age!

When getting ready for church I chose a leopard wrap dress, black house, black stillettos, shiny jewelry and bright pink lips. I'll show you who is aging!

Then about the 4th person who told me how wonderful I looked, I began to get paranoid. What do I usually look like? Have I been letting myself succumb to the aging process too easily? Yes, I love my velvet sweatsuits (I have five of them!) but maybe I need to steer clear of them a little more.

I will not go quietly into this good night! I will fight age! I will moisturize, exercise, and expand my mind.

But right now, I have to go to bed, because if I don't get 8-9 hours of sleep, I'm useless!

2 comments:

  1. you always look put together and marrrrvelous, darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old? Who said anything about old? You are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete