Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guest Writer - Chris

Once upon a time at Vista Academy, I dreamed of sending quarterly newsletters to update family on our activities.  Then reality happened.  So today, I post something Chris wrote for school instead.  Enjoy!



The Names of God



There are many names for God. The one that means the most to me is, Deliverer. To deliver means, “To bring or to transport to the right place.” God is the deliverer. He delivers us from evil and sin.


To me this means that no matter how hard the circumstance is God will get you through. For example, when I was twelve I became very sick and the doctors didn’t know what was wrong, but God got me through that tough time. Many people were praying for me and as they prayed, I felt God give me strength.


God will deliver you to your destination, just as he delivered the children of Israel. The children of Israel wondered the dessert for 40, but God got them where they needed to go.


He will get you where you need to be on time. Just like the time Lazarus died and God raised him from the dead. Many said that he wasn’t on time because if he had come earlier then he could have healed him. Instead he was able to show that he is God and he is never late, and to show that when he died he would raise himself from the dead just as he did Lazarus.


You must trust in God, and not fight the path he has chosen for you, because he knows what is best for you. God is the world’s deliverer, he is my deliverer.

No comments:

Post a Comment