Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Name

The kids had a writing assignment today looking at the names of Jesus.  They were asked to pick their favorite name and tell me why this name meant something to them.

Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

"There are many names used in the Bible to describe Jesus.  These names tell us His characteristics.  My favorite name for Jesus is hard to choose.

At different times he has been my Provider.  My Healer.  He is my Prince of Peace in storms as well as the quiet times of the day.  He is the Alpha and Omega - knowing my beginning from my end and planning every day in between.

Today, I read in 1 Corinthinas 10:4 that He is my Rock.  I really like that name.  Rock.  Strong.  Stable.  From the time of Creation.  Unmovable.  Sturdy. 

He hideth my face in the cleft on the Rock and covers me there with His hand.

The Rock.  My Father God."

No comments:

Post a Comment