Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Father's World

 This is my Father's world,

and to my listening ears

all nature sings, and round me rings

the music of the spheres.


This is my Father's world:

I rest me in the thought

of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;

his hand the wonders wrought.



This is my Father's world,

the birds their carols raise,

the morning light, the lily white,

declare their maker's praise.


This is my Father's world:

He shines in all that's fair;

in the rustling grass I hear him pass;

He speaks to me everywhere.



This is my Father's world.

O let me ne'er forget

that though the wrong seems oft so strong,

God is the ruler yet.


This is my Father's world:

why should my heart be sad?

The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!

God reigns; let the earth be glad!


Babcock/Sheppard

I have two favorite hymns, this being one of them.  I rocked my children to sleep to this tune;  I sat with them through colds and coughs;  long nights;  emergency room visits and sang this song.  It was the last word they heard at night.  When they each had surgery, it was the song they head in the operating room as the anesthesia took hold.

And this weekend, I was again heard these words as I sat in the San Juan Forest.  Surrounded by God's majestic masterpiece - how can I worry?  How can I fear?  This is His world!  HE is the creator.  I am an awesome, beautiful, loved creation of His!

So I shout "God Reigns!  Let the earth be glad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment