Monday, October 13, 2008

Yeah, I'm There

I love commercials! They're the most entertaining part of television - although not the safest! Recently an insurance company has been runnings ads were people are in various stages of their lives - "You know the place between moving out of your parents garage and buying a house? Yeah, I"m there."

Today, I was at Santa Rita Park with Ashley and one of her best girls, Liberty. We had a picnic lunch and then the girls rode their scooters while I tried to keep up on foot. It was a gorgeous day! The trees are magnificent shades of gold and red and deep brown. There was a slight breeze - not too cool but, really, just perfect. We stopped after a little bit and went to the river's edge and played in the cold Animas River and looked at rocks. I was struck by how blue the sky is today.

As we walked back to the car, it hit me, "Yeah, I'm there." I'm right where I've always wanted to be. This is the life I wanted. Bumps, warts and all. It's one big package and we have to take all of it or none of it. I want it - Wife, Mom, Teacher, Friend. This is what I wanted.

This package is an incredible gift from Father God - my kids, my home, my church, my friends, my work, my family!

Not that there aren't some things I would change if I could. Who hasn't gotten a gift that left you speechless and wondering how you could exchange it for something useful? I am limited in what I change. I know my limitations. And I'm okay with them.

I'll take it all!

Lord, thanks for bringing me here. To this place in the world, in time, in my walk with you. I am so grateful for each blessing you have given me. Pressed down - you've gone above and beyond. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're here and I'm doubly glad that you are not only my friend, but my neighbor - I love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete